The Practice was started in 1920 by Mr Evans and he was succeeded by
Mr Jimmy Blackmore in 1928. Neither of these 2 dentists had any “formal” qualifications but were registered as dentists by obtaining declarations from a few satisfied patients!
Robin Coleman took over in 1960 and had qualified under the new Dentists Act.
In 2000 Robert Coleman expanded the Practice into the current 2 sites in central Cirencester.
Our aim is to prevent disease but if needed we are committed to provide a high quality, up-to-date comprehensive service for all our patients young and old, using modern techniques and the very best methods and materials, to enhance and maintain a healthy smile.
Safety and Protection
We would like to assure you that protection of patients and staff is of utmost importance. We therefore take every precaution necessary to maintain the highest standards of safety and cross-infection control. Disposable items are used wherever possible and certified sterilisers are used for everything else. We were one of the first practices to be inspected by the CQC (Care Quality Commision) and our report results are available on their website (CQC.co.uk). We are both CQC and GDC registered. All our staff have enhanced CRB checks.